Ventilation and dedusting system
Application in polymer and plastic industry
The objective: dust filtration
The company, on the occasion of the transfer of the compounds production lines to a new factory, requested the design, implementation and installation of a treatment system able to manage three lines with variable operating conditions. These lines are based on the use of various mixers, characterized by different working principles.
The pollutant load, mainly composed of dusts (some of which showed an agglomerating behavior), would have to be handled by a single centralized filter.
The technical inspection
Tecnosida® accepted the request and performed a preliminary technical inspection, to identify the critical points. These were linked to many issues:
- High number of release points (more than 20);
- Particular geometry of some of the production machines;
- Type of dust to be treated (with agglomerating behavior);
- Possible production of oil mists in the production lines;
- Possibility of sudden changes in flow rate due to opening/closing of some points on the production line.
Tecnosida® solution: suction system and bag filter
The solution that was then proposed hinged on three points:
- Dedicated design of local capture points on the outlets, processing areas, dosing and weighing stations;
- Integration of the lines with mechanical winding equipments, useful to manually clean specific areas;
- Balancing and design of the suction duct that goes to the filter;
- Dust filtering provided by a DUSTdown® self-cleaning bag filter, with a stabilization circuit and a special valve discharge system (to prevent the product from caking);
- Appropriate choice of the filtering media.
Contact Tecnosida to receive specific advice adhering to your technical situation!
Ventilation and dedusting system / Info Request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.