Fumes and dust filtration in biomass combustion
PWS wet technology application
The objective: combustion fumes treatment
In order to achieve energy savings and reduce environmental impact, the final customer instructed our client to dimension, design and install two different biomass boilers, to be fed with wood chips having P25 size and humidity < 35%. With the aim of having a flexible system with cutting edge automation, efficiency and emissions, the company chose:
- For the 1st plant, 2 ETA HACK-133 kW generators in parallel
- For the 2nd plant, 1 VIESSMANN Pyrtec 530 kW generator
Tecnosida® solution: PWS® systems
- For the two ETA HACK boilers, Tecnosida® proposed to use a single PWS® 250 BIOMASS high efficiency scrubber, already tested successfully on numerous wood and wood chip burning boilers. One aspect worth mentioning is the complexity due to the need to treat a flow generated by two modulating boilers, with very variable loads that depend on the output heat request. To avoid affecting the operation of the boilers, that interact with the PWS® at different load levels, an aeraulic stabilizer was applied to manage fume extraction. The PWS® 250 BIOMASS is equipped with a filter basket for the recirculating water; particulate that is collected in the basket must be periodically removed by the personnel who provide to the maintenance and the cleaning of the boiler.
- For the VIESSMANN boiler, Tecnosida® proposed the PWS® 300 BIOMASS, whose abatement efficiencies are equal to those of the abovementioned installation. The filtering system of this equipment is characterized by an automated rotary belt, useful for the recovery of the unburnt by-products and their subsequent automatic discharge into a container (for easy transport and disposal).
In these cases, adopting a PWS® BIOMASS technology allows to reduce the concentration of particulate in the fumes, as well as concentrations of a wide range of other pollutants (acid gases, odours,…).
The design process
To fully support the final customer, Tecnosida®:
- Dimensioned and designed the PWS® plant;
- Prepared the preliminary technical drawings, in order to identify the placement area;
- Built the plant;
- Installed it and provided start-up assistance on-site;
- Provided support and coordination of operations with their local representative;
- Provided after-sales service for fine-tuning the purifier’s operation.
Contact Tecnosida to receive specific advice adhering to your technical situation!
Fumes and dust filtration in biomass combustion / Info Request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.
PWS®| Wet filter for combustion and biomass: Washing technology for the treatment of emissions from combustion plant fueled with virgin wood chips.