CYCLONE| Dust and particles separation
Dust separator for solid or liquid particles
What is a cyclonic dust separator?
Cyclonic separators detach the solid or liquid particles involved in the gaseous flow, exploiting the centrifugal force developed by the swirling motion imposed to the gaseous flow.
Cyclone: how does it work?
When the airflow is forced to describe a circular trajectory, due to the centrifugal force the solid particles present in the gaseous phase tend to hit the cyclone’s walls and to precipitate, both for the effect of the gravity force and for the action of the descending component of the main vortex. So, in this way the dusts fall in a structure that communicates with a hopper.
The separation efficiency of the system depends on:
- The characteristic size of the particles (granulometric distribution)
- The mean specific weight of the particles
- The velocity of the airflow
- The geometric dimensions of the cyclone
Since the operation of the system is mainly based on the exploitation of the centrifugal force, the efficiency of the plant is closely related to the granulometric distribution of the articulated material treated and, therefore, shows its objective limit in the treatment of fine particles.
Strenghts of the cyclonic separator
A cyclonic separator:
- Is economic
- Requires few maintenance
- Is easy to install and to use
- Can be use in different contexts (considering different volumetric flow rates, temperatures, kinds of dusts and kinds of productive processes)
Dedicated discharge systems (with rotary valve and screw conveyor) can be designed for each specific application.
Cyclone: maintenance service
Tecnosida® also realizes and plans activities of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance. This service it’s available for Cyclone and allows to guarantee:
- Cyclone’s proper functioning
- high separation efficiency
- reduction of economic and energetic wastes
Contact us for more information: we will plan with you this important activity!
Contact Tecnosida to receive specific advice adhering to your technical situation!
CYCLONE| Dust and particles separation / Info Request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.