BIOCLEAN | Biofilter for organic and biological odors treatment
Biofilter for biological degradation of organic and inorganic substances in air
What is biofiltration of air ?
The problem of emissions of unpleasant odours and other potentially toxic gases and pollutants is becoming more important in time. Among the possible plants to reduce these emissions, those that base their operating principle on the biological degradation of the compounds contained in the effluent, i.e. biofilters, are the most interesting ones.
Biofiltration: how does it work?
Biofilters contain a mass of organic filtering material (calcareous material, compost, heather, bark or their mixtures) where the effluent passing through to be treated. The thickness of the bed is 1.0 - 1.5 m; on such substrate is selected and develops a bacterial microflora capable of degrading the molecules of the polluting compounds (organic and inorganic) contained in the air to be treated. In order to obtain a good functionality of the biofilter is essential to create an habitat that is adequate for the development of the microflora. In particular:
- As regards the airflow to be treated, the specific loads typically recommended for the most common pollutants range from 80 to 100 m3/h per m3 of filtering material.
- It’s important to guarantee an optimal level of humidity (between 50% and 80%) in the filtering material. This important condition is maintained using an initial humidification on the inlet of the biofilter through a humidification scrubber and implementing an automatic spraying system over the biofilter.
- The activity of the microorganisms is optimal within a well-defined pH range, typically between 6.5 and 7.5.
- Is useful to maintain a temperature between 20 and 40° C in order to ensure high efficiency in the bacterial flora.
In order to minimize the energy consumption, it’s recommended not to exceed 500 Pa (50 mmH2O) of pressure drops across the filtering bed.
Strenghts of the BIOCLEAN filter
The theoretical abatement efficiency of the odours is 90%, and the odorimetric units in the output airflow are expected to be less than 300 O.U./m3.
This performance level can be achieved if the following conditions are valid:
- Dusts concentration in the air lower than 20 mg/m3
- Airflow temperature that ranges from 20°C to 40°C
- A specific load of 100 m3/h per m3 of filtering material
- pH of the irrigation water that ranges from 6,5 to 8,0
BIOCLEAN filter: maintenance service
Tecnosida® also realizes and plans activities of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance. This service it’s available for BIOCLEAN filter and allows to guarantee:
- biofilter’s proper functioning
- high biofiltration efficiency
- reduction of economic and energetic wastes
Contact us for more information: we will plan with you this important activity!
Contact Tecnosida to receive specific advice adhering to your technical situation!
BIOCLEAN | Biofilter for organic and biological odors treatment / Info Request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.