PWS®| Wet filter for combustion and biomass
Wet technology filter, multi-pollutant filter
What is PWS® wet filter for combustion ?
The series of PWS® BIOMASS wet filters is dedicated to the treatment of emissions from combustion processes.
PWS® is a wet filter characterized by a particular internal multistage structure. The cross-flow washing process is an innovative technology, which can eliminate in one step a wide range of pollutants (dusts, nitrogen oxides, sulphur oxides, ammonia, phenols ...), including any odorous load. Whether used for small furnaces or to reduce emissions of large power plants, the PWS® unit can be designed without any problem, in order to achieve the desired target: from a few hundred m3/h up to 50,000 m3/h and more.
PWS®: how does it work?
The abatement process is based on the physical-mechanical properties of the fluids and the gases. Thanks to a precise optimization of the crossing time, of the velocities and of the pressure levels, it is possible to maximize the contact surface between the liquid and the pollutants. In this way it is possible to substantially reduce the concentrations of the dusts and of the other harmful molecules present in the gaseous flow.
Activating the recirculating pump, located on the base of the PWS® scrubber, the washing fluid present in the collecting and separating tank is made to flow in the abatement system. This is the heart of the equipment: here the peculiar constructive geometry forces the contact between the washing fluid and the airflow coming from the boiler. In this way the pollutants and the dusts are absorbed and washed.
The collecting and separating tank is the place where the washing water is handled. It’s equipped with automatic sensors, that continuously measure the liquid level; it also contains an automatic system for the separation and the collection of the removed dusts, equipped with a discharge motorized roller.
The entire equipment is proposed together with an electric panel that, via remote contact, provides the automatic start of the equipment itself.
Taking into account the used fuels, the airflow features and the process management methods, Tecnosida® technicians choose the best solution about the re-use of the washing fluid and define the discharge and disposal timing. Contact Tecnosida to receive specific advice adhering to your technical situation!
Strenghts of the PWS® system
The PWS® system:
- Can treat air containing high concentrations of dusts and ashes preserving a considerable filtration yield (various tests have credited removal efficiencies of about 90% by weight). This experimental evidence shows the possibility of using effectively this scrubber with multi-fuels boilers, fed with biomasses containing high quantities of chlorine, metals and light ashes.
- Is a non-selective filter (it acts at the same time on different kinds of pollutants). So the average concentrations of whole families of polluting compounds (NOx, SOx, ammonia, ...) are eliminated or greatly reduced, and even odours benefit from this feature
- Is extremely compact and small-sized when compared to competing technologies such as electrostatic filters and/or bag filters. It is also designed to assume different configurations in space, in order to minimize the overall dimensions: the scrubber and the washing water collection/recirculation tank can be placed separately in the work area.
- Is completely realized in INOX steel; internally there are not components that may break or deteriorate in consequence of usury or traction/compression stresses. The equipment doesn’t have any filtering material that should be replaced in time, and doesn’t need any other kind of replace.
- Is reliable. It’s designed to work 24h/24h; furthermore, on the base of various tests performed in different plants, it’s possible to say that the PWS® system is not damaged by a change of the physical-chemical properties of the polluted airflow.
- Doesn’t contain any kind of filtering material (bags, cartridges, membranes, random packing,…), so it needs few maintenance. It’s also important to point out that it can be used with fuels having various humidity levels. Frequently the extreme variability of the water content in the biomass may cause increments of pressure drops, blocks or clogging in competing technologies.
- By-pass electro-pneumatic shutter that forces the flow through the filter when the boiler is functioning.
- Automatic system for the pumps back-up.
- Pressure stabilizer.
PWS® system: maintenance service
Tecnosida® also realizes and plans activities of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance. This service it’s available for PWS® system and allows to guarantee:
- wet filter’s proper functioning
- high aspiration abatement to protect workers’ health
- reduction of economic and energetic wastes
Contact us for more information: we will plan with you this important activity!
PWS®| Wet filter for combustion and biomass / Info Request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.