OILSCREEN | Oil mist filtration
Oil mist collector for industry
What is OILSCREEN, oil mist collector ?
The coalescing filter is effective in the removal of oil mists (emulsified oils), lubricating oil vapours, cooling oil, inks or asphalt from gases or air flows. The above mentioned pollutants result from different production processes, such as processing of plastics and textile processes, and from mechanical processing by means of machine tools.
Oil mists filtration: How does it work?
Imagine this situation. You are driving and it’s raining. Two water drops start to slip on the windscreen, until they meet and coalesce in a single drop. The volume of the resultant drop is equal to the sum of the volumes of the initial drops, while its surface in contact with air is less than the sum of the surfaces in contact with air of the two initial drops. The lower value of the contact surface allows the system to be energetically more stable, and this fact makes the coalescence a spontaneous phenomenon.
The same phenomenon occurs in the OILSCREEN filter: the oil drops, dispersed in the airflow, are retained by the filtering material; these tend to unite, giving rise to aggregates that by means of the gravitational force are collected in a tank located at the base of the filter. In this way there is the great advantage of being able to recover the eliminated pollutant.
In order to achieve the maximum performance from the OILSCREEN filter, it should work with low viscosity oils and the airflow should be dust-free; the system may require a pretreatment with a cooling tower or a pre-filtration of the airflow by means of a cyclonic system.
Strenghts of the OILSCREEN coalescing filter
The OILSCREEN coalescing filter:
- Is able to achieve a filtration efficiency higher than or equal to 99%.
- Uses single or modular cartridges, consisting of several sections with minimum height of 1350 mm. Different materials are used in the production of cartridges: fiberglass, polyester, polypropylene...; the choice depends on the application.
- If properly used, maintains the mechanical properties unchanged and doesn’t undergo degradation or deteriorations even after thermal shock (within certain limits).
- Requires neither special maintenance nor early replacements.
- Allows treating airflows with temperatures up to 80°C.
- Is a compact equipment.
Standard equipments for the OILSCREEN coalescing filter
- Insulation system.
- Heating system for thermostabilization.
- Jib crane for lifting and extracting the filtering modules.
- Use of INOX steel as construction material.
OILSCREEN coalescing filter: maintenance service
Tecnosida® also realizes and plans activities of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance. This service it’s available for OILSCREEN coalescing filter and allows to guarantee:
- filter's proper functioning
- high separation efficiency to protect workers’ health
- reduction of economic and energetic wastes
Contact us for more information: we will plan with you this important activity!
Contact Tecnosida to receive specific advice adhering to your technical situation!
OILSCREEN | Oil mist filtration / Info Request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.