Oil mist filtration and VOC purification system
for high speed packaging lines
Our target: reduce VOCs and oil mist
The customer contacted Tecnosida® for a problem of emissions outside the required range.
The abovementioned emissions are related to the processing line for food packaging polystyrene trays. Specifically, the chemical-physical analysis of the gaseous effluents revealed abnormal values for:
- Styrene vapours. Styrene is an aromatic hydrocarbon. At room temperature it is a transparent viscous liquid, characterized by a sweetish odor. It is toxic, flammable and not soluble in water, but it is soluble in the most common organic solvents;
- Aliphatic hydrocarbons, due to the simultaneous polypropylene extrusion;
- Oily polymeric vapours, characterized by a high viscosity.
The analysis did not comply with the current legislation.
Tecnosida® solution: extraction system, oil mist filter and activated carbon filter
Tecnosida® performed a technical analysis of the circumstances and the pollutants highlighted by the analysis. The need for a dual-stage treatment was evident, as this would make it possible to reduce the concentrations of the pollutants with different characteristics and behavior.
The following solution was designed and proposed:
- Design and installation of dedicated hoods, which aim is to collect 100% of the pollutants from the production lines;
- OILSCREEN coalescing filter, to separate and treat the polymer vapours (whose behavior is similar to high viscosity oils);
- Chemsorb® activated carbon filter, to adsorb the styrene vapours and the aliphatic hydrocarbons.
Contact Tecnosida to receive specific advice adhering to your technical situation!
Oil mist filtration and VOC purification system / Info Request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.