Tangential separation: how does it work?
Tornado® basic component separates solid or liquid particles from the conveyed flow, using centrifugal force.
The airflow to be treated is carried inside the body through a pallet system that gives it a vortical motion. Dust and particulate within it, subjected to centrifugal force, separate from the vortex and move towards the internal walls reaching the lower exhaust opening. At this point, the purified gas flow inverts the direction and goes back into the inner tube to the exit.
The equipment is made of a high number of integrated separation units (Cyclone), and can be used in many processes. Among these we can consider biogas and syngas production plants or boilers powered by wood chips or other kinds of solid biomass.
Tornado® is suitable for use in special applications with powders characterized by dimensions smaller than 5 microns such as graphite, talcum and many others. It is also particularly used in the petrochemical industry as it is suitable for the abatement of solid and liquid pollutants (oils and hydrocarbons) present in natural gas.
As we have seen, Tornado® is based on the principle of centrifugal force so is efficiency strictly dependent on:
- granulometric distribution of the treated material
- physical-chemical characteristics
- flow speed
Due to the peculiarity of the operating system, is very important during the design phase to define the scope and the flow rate and the specific temperature of use. These two variables are very important for defining the working range and for creating the right balance between energy efficiency and pressure drop, thus ensuring maximum efficiency.
Tecnosida®, thanks to its long experience in the field (over 35 years), is able to design multicyclones with this perfect balance: contact us!
Strenghts of the Tornado® tangential separator
- has a very high separation efficiency, even for fine and ultra-fine powders;
- can be used in closed systems;
- can be used in a wide range of process temperatures, from few degrees to more than 800°C. Depending on the temperature range of use, Tecnosida® proposes solutions made of carbon steel, Corten or stainless steel AISI 304 - 316 - 321 – 310;
- can manage flow rates that range from 50 to 3.000 m3/h;
- it does not require any special maintenance and does not use consumables of any kind (cartridges, filters, etc..);
Tornado® can be made complete of external insulation, at various degrees of insulation, in order to avoid the undesirable effect of water vapor condensation possibly present in the emissions to be treated;
Tornado®: maintenance service
Tecnosida® also realizes and plans activities of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance. This service it’s available for Tornado® and allows to guarantee:
- Tornado’s proper functioning;
- high separation efficiency;
- reduction of economic and energetic wastes.
Contact us for more information: we will plan with you this important activity!
TORNADO® | High efficency and high temperature dust separator / Info request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.